Computer Hacking Forensic Investigation (CHFI) is an all-encompassing certification training course devised by EC-council that helps security professionals stay ahead of the curve with extensive know-how of detecting and investigating the cyber-attacks and exploiting all crucial evidences to support the investigation reports. This certification also focuses to explain all vital components to perform security audits ensuring prevention from such attacks in the future. CHFI certification authenticates the expertise of security professionals in overall computer forensics including the reporting the incidents of cyber-attacks and hacking attempts in the courts of law.
Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI V9) is a vendor-neutral training certification that imbibes extensive understanding of diverse cyber forensic techniques, ultra-moderns forensic tools, footprints collection, and other essential components to conduct far-reaching hacking forensic investigations with hands-on exposure. This training has been exclusively designed to expertly train the professionals intending to advance their career as Forensic Investigators and execute their security roles with more proficiency. It focuses to practically explain miscellaneous foolproof methodologies to address digital forensics concerns in the organization, that constitute core fundamentals of security incidents including security infrastructure analysis tools and techniques to identify and capture legal evidence against the hackers and intruders. CHFI V9 certification enables the cyber investigators to detect the incidents such as compromising of the confidential data, trade secret thefts, exploitation of the intellectual property, and digital frauds.
The boundless use of enormous devices worldwide to exchange the information and execute businesses has drastically raised a serious concern to protect and identify the cyber-attacks well-in time. Due to the digital transformation of the businesses, identifying potential threats, preventing cyber-attacks and investigating the malicious attacks and hacking incidents has become the most challenging task for the organizations.
CHFI V9 certification is a rigorous exam from the EC-Council that focuses to assess capabilities of the computer forensics professionals on the critical competencies for cyber threat and attack detection, forensic investigation, evidence collection and reporting along with the data recovery to recover compromised, encrypted, or lost data. The primary focus of the certification training from InfoSec Train constitute:
- In-depth understanding of cyber laws to investigate the cyber-crimes
- Digital evidence analysis following best practices and evidence rules adhering to specific crime categories
- Technical know-how of the first responder role, toolkit, preserving and evaluating the digital crime scenes, conducting preliminary interviews, collecting and safeguarding electronic evidence, documenting and reporting the crime incidents aligned to the collected evidence
- Configuring and deploying computer forensics labs
- Acquaintance with the image forensics, Steganography, and Steganalysis
- Test environments to carry out real-like investigations to validate your gained skills
- Comprehensive theory and practical implementation sessions conducted by the dedicated security professionals from the industry
The CHFI V9 training and certification course have been developed to equip the security professionals accountable for various executing roles pertaining to the computer forensics, incident response, and information system security. It helps workforce in the roles of:
- Digital Forensic Examiner
- Computer Crime Investigator
- Computer Forensic Analyst
- Network Forensic Examiner
- Computer Network Defense (CND) Forensic Analyst
- Forensic Analyst and technician
- Special Agent
Basic understanding of IT, cyber security, computer forensics, and incident response
CEH training and certification recommended
- To become a certified Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator, you need to pass the CHFI V9 exam successfully.
- Certification Name: 312-49 (ECC EXAM)
- Test Format: Multiple Choice
- Number of Questions: 150
- Test Duration: 4 Hours